Saturday, April 16, 2011

Akon wants to act in Bollywood movies



Senegalese-American singer Akon, who will be performing in a concert in India, on Friday expressed his desire to act in Bollywood films.

"I am waiting to get into Bollywood movies. I'm not quite sure what character I would want to play...but I definitely want to do it," Akon told reporters in Mumbai.

The 'Smack that' hit maker has worked with composer Aadesh Srivastava and also sang a song for Shah Rukh Khan's forthcoming film "RaOne".

"It was an amazing experience to work with Shah Rukh. Actually he opened me up to Bollywood. I can remember all the Khans. I enjoyed so much that I am trying to get into Bollywood," the singer said.

The R&B singer, who turned 38 on Friday, is celebrating his birthday in Pune, where he is going to perform before over 1,000 people at a private concert in West Inn hotel in the town. "I am very happy to celebrate my birthday here," he said.

Akon, who is here for the The Venky's Akon Live In Concert, will perform in Gurgaon and Bangalore on April 16 and 17 respectively. Proceeds from the concert will be donated to Mana Shetty's NGO 'Save The Children India'.

"India has a great audience...everybody who comes to the show knows every word of every song. It feels great to be back," he said.

The Venky's Akon Live In Concert is being brought to the country by Netsurf Entertainment and B M Group and IVNO Events and Productions, in association with Thrive Entertainment and S Raj Entertainment.

The audience can look forward to groove to thumping hip-hop numbers like 'Beautiful', 'Lonely', 'Right Now', 'Dangerous', 'I am so paid', 'Angel' at the concerts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grocery Coupons