Monday, April 25, 2011

Remixes can't dent popularity of original: Asha Bhosle



Singing legend Asha Bhosale believes remixed songs can never dent the popularity and the timelessness of the original classic numbers.

"No matter how many films are remade and songs are remixed, the original is the best and is always remembered," Asha said while interacting with mediapersons after the 'muhurat' shot of her debut Hindi film as actor, 'Maaee'.

The 77-year-old singer said she had not heard the remixed version of her 1970s blockbuster song 'Dum Maro Dum', in the Abhishek Bachchan-starrer that released last week.

"I have no intention of doing so," she added. "My songs like 'Yeh Mera Dil Pyar Ka deewana' and 'Dum Maro dum' have been remixed for Farhan Akhtar's 'Don' and Rohan Sippy's 'Dum Maro Dum', but audiences will always remember the original Asha Bhosle and the original composers."

Asha said she does not watch movies these days. "There are no emotions in today's films. Everything is computerised including fight scenes. It is better to watch cartoon movies." the evergreen singer added that she did like the 'Munnabhai' movies and loves Hrithik Roshan's films.

Stating that she was not open to more offers in movies, Asha said 'Maaee' will be her first and last movie as an actor. "Acting is not my field. Singing is my first love."

Even though she is not scared of being in front of the camera, Asha said that doing a movie and playing the title role was an experiment as well as a risk.

Talking about her debut in Maee, Bhosle said she would be her spontaneous self. "I don't believe in acting and will be myself in the role.. the manner in which I normally speak, the clothes I wear... Its okay if the producers want a little bit of grey hair," the evergreen singer said.

The 77-year-old said she is not doing rehearsals before shooting. "The filmmakers will explain the scenes to me a day earlier. I don't fear the camera. Its only that since the entire process will be new, there is little bit of nervousness."

According to her, all artistes feel nervous before every new initiative. "Even when I go for my stage shows, there are nervous moments of facing such large number of people. Artistes also fear that their hard-earned name and reputation should not be tarnished because of a bad show or decision."

Asha maintained that acting is not new to her. "I always emote in my singing as well. But big screen is a different ball game altogether."

When asked if she got offers from filmmakers, Asha said she told producers and directors who came to her with offers that she sees her face in the mirror everyday and does not feel that it is suitable for movies.

Speaking about her character in 'Maaee', Asha said it was a surprise. "This is wonderful story. I think I look my mother whom we called 'Maaee'. Apart from the title, this is a fictional story," she added.

When asked about Padmini Kolhapure who plays her daughter in the film, Asha said the 'Prem Rog' actress is the grand daughter of her aunt (father's sister). "I was instrumental in giving her a break as child actor in 'Ishq Ishq Ishq'. When the role in 'Maaee' was offered to her, she told my son Anand that the title role should go to 'Atya '(aunt)," the veteran added.

To a question on how she maintains her simple and yet elegant sense of dressing, Asha said, "Every woman knows what suits her best. What she likes may not neccessarily suit her. While doing shows, I wear heavy embroidered sarees, jewellery. But in real life, I like to keep it simple."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grocery Coupons