Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hemraj's wife files application against Talwars

New Delhi: The Talwars' domestic help Hemraj's wife Kumkala has filed an application in the Ghaziabad court alleging that the Talwars murdered her husband. It is a four-page application which will be taken up on April 27.

She has also alleged that even days before the murder, the Talwars used to call up and threaten Hemraj.
Kumkala's lawyer Naresh Yadav said, "My client has told me that Hemraj was killed by the Talwars. Fifteen days prior to the news of his death, Hemraj told the police that his life had been threatened by Rajesh Talwar."

"As my client lives in Nepal it was difficult for her to come to India on short notice. This is why she waited. However, when the Supreme Court placed a stay order on the case, she decided to approach the court. Unless the SC gives a new order, we will not push for any new proceedings," Yadav said.

Earlier this month, in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, the Supreme Court stayed the Allahabad High Court's order which allowed Nupur and Rajesh Talwar to be tried by prosecutors as the accused in the murder of Aarushi and Hemraj.
Now, the Supreme Court is likely to set a date after the March 28 to hear the case further.

On May 16, 2008, 14-year-old Aarushi Talwar was found dead in her Noida home. The suspicion immediately fell on Talwar's servant Hemraj.
But the very next day his body was found on the terrace of the Talwar's residence. Then suddenly the grieving parents began to be seen as suspects.

On May 23, Rajesh Talwar was arrested by the UP police for the alleged murder of his daughter and his domestic help.
Minutes after the controversial press conference, the police's theory came under scrutiny and the case was handed over to the CBI in June.
On July 12, 2008, just a month and a half later, Rajesh Talwar was freed, when the CBI said it didn't have evidence against him.
The focus then shifted to Krishna, the Talwars' compounder, and Rajkumar and Vijay Mondal, two servants living in the same area.

Joint Director, CBI Arun Kumar had then said, "Krishna has undergone two polygraphic test in Delhi. Narco in Bangalore and Psycho assesment test in AIIMS. On the basis of all that he has been arrested today."

But they too were released on bail after the CBI couldn't file a charge sheet - the result no one knew who killed Aarushi and Hemraj.
Two years of investigations and several scientific tests later, in December 2010 the CBI filed a closure report citing lack of evidence but named Rajesh Talwar as the prime suspect in the case.

The Talwar's filed a protest petition challenging the CBI's report and asked for a re-investigation.
And then in a strange turn of events, on January 25, 2011, Rajesh Talwar was attacked outside the Ghaziabad court by Utsav Sharma, a mentally unstable person who had also attacked former DGP SPS Rathore a year back.

And if that wasn't shocking enough, the court not only rejected the Talwars plea, but even said that Rajesh and Nupur were the main accused in the murders of Aarushi and Hemraj. Aarushi's mother, Nupur Talwar had said, "They have not reached the right conclusion. They have failed in their case." The couple then appealed to the Allahabad High Court, asking for a stay on this order and for a re-investigation.


Post a Comment

Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grocery Coupons